There are so many great things to eat in Paris that it would take you weeks to get through everything. To make a foodie trip a bit more doable, we’ve narrowed those foods down to 17 you must try. We do a fair bit of research before visiting any city but sometimes we stumble across some gems which only cost a few euros. You can view them below and as a section on our Paris map.
1. Hot Chocolate at Angelina
Known to some as the best hot chocolate in the world, Angelina is a must-visit. View our full guide to hot chocolates in Paris here.
2. Escargot Chocolat Pistache from Du Pain et des Idées
Our go-to for a quick morning pick-me-up in Paris.
3. Croissant Ispahan from Pierre Herme
4. Eclairs from L’eclair de Genie
Made using fish gelatine, all eclairs here are halal and delicious!
A sweet but yummy pastry – perfect as a stop during a stroll up the hilly streets of Montmartre.
6. Choux pastries from Odette
The cutest little pastries – enjoyed best in one of their rooms across the three floors of the store.
7. Saint-Honoré Rose Framboise at Ladurée
Almost too pretty to eat! A delicate pastry with light chantilly yet very filling.
8. Speculoos Eclair from Pain Pain
9. Macarons at Piere Herme (or Ladurée)
We couldn’t decide between Pierre Herme and Maison Ladurée so we put in both.
Halal French onion soup is hard to come by. Le Petit Gourmet serves up a pretty good version.
11. Mint Tea from the Grand Mosque Cafe
Chill in the cafe of the Grand Mosque with a glass of mint tea and admire the zileej (design on the tiles).
12. Ice Cream at Glace Bachir
Try Lebanese mastic ice cream with a pistachio topping. Served best before or after a trip to the Pompidou Centre (a short walk away).
13. Hot Chocolate from Jacques Genin
14. Falafel from anywhere on Rue des Rosiers
Wander around the centre of the Jewish quarter in Paris and try out a falafel in pita. Featured in our guide to the best cheap eats in Paris.
Thick and fluffy pancakes surrounded by a pool of caramel sauce. Perfect for brunch.
16. Bâtonnets de gaufre at La Fabrique Givree
Fresh waffles cut into strips served with a hot Valrhona chocolate dip.
17. Ice Cream from Berthillon
Known as the best ice cream spot in Paris – who are we to argue?
Click here for our guide to the best halal restaurants in Paris.